Terms and Conditions
Below you will find our Terms and Conditions for our holiday cottage ‘Husson Gite’ in Husson, Normandy, France. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Arrival time from 15:00pm, departure time 10:00am.
- On receipt of your reservation request we will send you a booking form. We will hold the property for 1 week until we receive the deposit and a completed booking form. We will then confirm your booking by return post or e-mail. The date when the remaining balance is due will be stated on the confirmation letter/e-mail.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 will be required at time of booking. The balance is due no later than 3 weeks before arrival. If payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to give notice that the reservation is cancelled and the deposit will be retained by the owner. Payment is accepted in Euros or Pounds Sterling by bank transfer, cheque or PayPal. Detail for cheques and UK and French bank details can be provided upon request. All charges to be paid by guest.
- Reservations made within 3 weeks of the arrival date require full payment at the time of booking.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the owners of the property or to our caretaker thereby giving us the opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay ( see information pack at the cottage for details). If the problem cannot be rectified during your stay, you must write to us within 20 days of departure giving full details of your complaint. We cannot accept complaints if you have not followed the course of action laid down in this clause. No complaints will be looked into, at the end of the hiring period or after the Guest has departed, as outlined above.
- For cancellations prior to payment of the full balance the deposit will not be returned. If a cancellation is requested within the 3 weeks prior to the letting period the owner will retain the booking deposit and also reserves the right to retain the balance of the rental payment, should it not be possible to re-let the property. If the balance has not been paid at this point you are still liable to pay for the booking in full. We will always endeavour to re-let the property. If we do manage to re-let the property the rental payment will be returned less an administration fee of £20. The damage deposit will be refunded for all cancellations. Any bank or PayPal charges are the responsibility of the guests. Please inform us by phone and confirm in writing as soon as possible if you are planning to cancel your holiday.
- In the unlikely event that the property is not available as a result of extraordinary circumstances, the owners may be forced to cancel the booking. You would be notified as soon as possible and we would make every effort to find alternative, similar accommodation within the area. If this were not possible, or was unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for your holiday.
- We strongly recommend that guests arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover). This should include full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance. Legal requirements for driving in France. Click here for more details.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 persons, unless otherwise agreed in advance with the owners.
- The accommodation is strictly non- smoking but smoking is allowed in the garden. Please extinguish cigarettes and dispose of them responsibly.
- Guests agree to be considerate of others and to take good care of the property, to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay. This includes cleaning the BBQ if it has been used. We ask that you do not put anything other than toilet paper down the toilet or sinks as this may cause the plumbing to fail; additionally, please only use the biologically friendly toilet cleaner supplied by us and do not put bleach etc down the sinks. We reserve the right to recover any costs incurred for repairs for any damage to the plumbing system due to guest negligence. We reserve the right to charge for the disposal of any rubbish or waste that may be left in the properties. Items that are re-useable (i.e. washing-up liquid, soap powder, unwanted sealed food etc.) that are left behind, would not be considered rubbish and where suitable would be left for the next client.
- Guests are kindly requested not to disturb neighbouring properties by loud noise or music.
- Pets are more than welcome by prior arrangement. In the interest of other guests please observe the following:
– Please keep pets off the furniture – and don’t allow pets to enter the bedrooms or leave pets unattended – Please be aware that there may be livestock near the property – All animal mess should be cleaned up – Pets should be treated for fleas and worms ahead of the visit (DEFRA requirement) Click here for more details.
Please ensure that you remove any evidence of your pet from the property and garden before leaving. If there is evidence of your pet found at the property at the end of your stay we reserve the right to make a cleaning charge of up to £50 per stay. We cannot accept any responsibility for the safety and security of your pet whilst on our premises. There is often livestock in surrounding fields, and although th egarden is walled and fenced, please keep your pet under control at all times.
- Complaints. We ask guests to report any defects or issues with the property, furnishings or appliances in the properties or garden without delay (as detailed within the information pack) as naturally we would like to resolve these for you as quickly as possible. Arrangements for repair and or replacements will be made as soon as possible. Articles damaged or broken during your stay should be replaced on a like-for-like basis if possible. Please notify us or our caretakers of any damage or breakages however small so that we are aware and can replace them in time for the next guests. No complaints will be looked into at the end of the hiring period or after you have departed if you have not alerted us to them during your stay.
- The owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, or appliance in the property or garden, for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or any other matters beyond the control of the owner. Nor for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client, if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the booking, and in any such event, the owner shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums paid previously in respect of the booking. Under no circumstance shall the owner’s liability to the guests exceed the amount paid to the owner for the booking.
- The owner shall not be liable for accident or injury, however sustained on the premises or gardens by the guests or by members of their party and the owner shall not be liable for loss or damage to guest’s property during the stay.
- The owner takes no responsibility for the failure of television services, whether planned or not.
- All bed linen is included in the cost of the rental; this includes towels, a sheet, duvet, duvet cover, pillows and pillow cases for each bed. There are some cleaning materials supplied in the cottage.
- Gas, electricity and unlimited hot water is included in the rental price. We ask that appliances are turned off when not in use and that lights are turned off when the property is unattended. Windows should also be shut when the property is vacant.
Things not included in the price of the rental which you may wish to bring with you: • Travel adaptor(s) if needed for your own electrical appliances • Personal toiletries and medicines • Slippers (floors are tiled) • Toilet paper (initial roll supplied on arrival in WC) • Food and drink • Logs for wood burners . Charcoal, if you intend to use the BBQ